Skin & map
Solidus Solutions’ new SKIN solution combines long shelf life with an attractive presentation and sustainable use of fibre-based materials.
Solidus Solutions’ new MAP solution combines extended shelf life with an attractive presentation and sustainable use of fibre-based materials.
SKIN – Product summary and features
- Our skin packing system, based on recycled solid board is 100% recyclable and reduces the use of plastics up to 80%. After taking out the product, the thin transparent layer is easily removed from the solid board to allow for separate disposal and recycling.
- The deep vacuum method extends the product’s shelf life in store. A transparent barrier skin film fixates the product directly onto the solid board carrier, which allows for perfect vertical presentation.
- Suitable for meat, fish or other fresh foods. The solid board allows high quality printing on both sides of the board that is both informative and appealing to the consumer.
SKIN – Product benefits and positioning
- Made with recycled solid board, replacing up to 80% of the incumbent non-recycled plastic solutions and thus contributing to the demand for circular packaging solutions.
- Extended in-store shelf life due to deep vacuum technology
- High quality print provides an unique premium distinctive appearance
- Easy-peel liner simplifies the life of the ready-to-eat consumer
- Plastic and solid board fully separable and recyclable appealing to the environmental conscious consumer segment
MAP – Product summary and features
- MAP (Modified Atmospheric Packaging) is long established method to extend the shelf life of fresh food. The technology substitutes the air inside a package with a protective gas mix.
- The Solidus Solutions MAP product uses an FSC® certified solid board made from renewable fibres, which reduces 80% of the plastic content vs incumbent plastic solutions.
- The solid board trays feature a transparent barrier film to seal the tray. After taking out the product, the layer is easily removed from the solid board to allow for separate disposal. The trays are easily printable which is not possible with the plastic products in the market today.
MAP – Product benefits and positioning
VS the incumbent plastic MAP trays:
- Reduction of at least 80% of plastic materials, creating a significantly lower environmental foot-print
- Matches the shelf life afforded by existing plastic MAP trays
- The Solidus MAP can be produced on the same packaging machines that today produce the plastic packaging products, lowering the hurdle to transition for packers / brand-owners
VS other fibre-based MAP producers:
- Solid feel due to higher solid board grammage possibilities
- Higher quality print options for an attractive presentation
- Flawless sealing perimeter quality of the lid film
Are you interested in our new SKIN and/or MAP solution?